Everyone’s happy with their presents except you. Has this ever happened to your Christmas? Hope you handled it well. If you haven’t tried it, you’re one hell lucky person. But who knows it could be you this year. Why not practice how you’re going to react if ever you received any one of these presents?
1. One year when I was a kid, my parents bought me a computer mouse. What makes it bad is that I didn’t have a computer, and had been asking for one for years.
Good thing this was ages ago.
2. I unwrapped the gift and it was a little tin box. I opened the box and there was a fake gift card there, like an indication of this is where you put the gift card. And I just looked at her like…what is it or what’s going on? And she goes “It’s a gift card holder. You can put all your gift cards in there.”
Oh, I see. (Fake a smile)
3. Temporary glittery metallic tattoo kit made for an 8 year old girl (butterflies and phrases like “GIRLS RULE!”) when I was 15. I am male, too.
Not bad, but something’s wrong here. Unless if you have nieces or female cousins. That could have been okay, though not really that great.
4. This year I got a pair of pajamas that were identical to the pair I was wearing when I unwrapped them. Thanks again mom!
Her mom sure has a weird sense of humor.
5. Expired cookie mix. I kid you not…I got expired cookie mix.
Should have baked it and give some back to the giver.
6. A coconut. For real.
7. A few years ago my aunt gave me a rock.
Pet it, throw it, play with it, crack it. Wow! A rock.
8. A light-bulb. No card or note or anything. A box with a single light bulb inside.
Maybe the giver needed an idea on what to give then Poof! A light bulb in his/her head appeared.
9. When me and my twin sister turned 16 she got a car in the driveway wrapped in a big bow and I got my parent’s old push-mower and a weed-whacker.
10. Literally coal. Sister got a Gamegear along with games etc. as her stocking stuffer, let alone her other presents. I got a piece of coal. After the laughter died down I asked if I could open my real presents to be told that WAS my present.
Seriously? The reaction for this situation cannot be faked.
Whatever you’ll get, just accept it. Always remember, there will always be next year for you to get even.